Friday, January 6


I find myself in awe of how much I’ve changed over the course of a single year, but also how much I’ve stayed the same. 2011 was a year when nothing spectacular happened. My life seems to have halted for a year, and I find myself, a year later, standing in exactly the same place. My hair has changed. My face has changed. My body has changed. But I have not changed. Not really. I’m still awkward around boys. Still giggle at inappropriate words. I still stop every once in a while to admire a butterfly, a bird, a small flower. I’m still that little girl, confused and lost in my own school “What does this say?”, “What does it mean?”, I find myself questioning so many things that come before me. I chase after every rainbow—as long as its in sight. I never seem to learn from my mistakes.
This transition from a girl to a young woman is awkward. It’s uncomfortable. I feel like everyone around me is pushing for me to grow up. To become a part of society. All I want to do is curl up and read. Fill my head with images. Sounds. To laugh and cry with characters in faraway lands with exotic plants and mystic waterfalls. Strong citadel walls. Shiny, silken fabrics. 
Escape. Run. I want nothing more than to worry about where I’m going to explore. No homework. No classes. No grades. Money. New things. Memories. Pain. And everything in between. A year has gone by. Another will follow. Soon, I’ll be reflecting on the year to come. What will I think of it? I don't want to be in 2012. I want to be in 2011. But no, that will never happen.  Never in a million years. 

I know it's a must for me and my friends to move on. I know I musn't stuck in rewind and not moving forward because I'm in present. But my class, 3KRK3 the year of 2011 was the best thing ever. If you people asked me what do I want, I'll answer this; Bring back what once was mine and don't let all the memories fade. Please don't take away our precious memories..